The mission of Blood Clot Recovery Network is to share life-saving information about blood clots, and to provide crucial information, as well as community, to people who are living post-blood clot.
Sara Wyen is a writer and founder of Blood Clot Recovery Network, a personal blog dedicated to helping patients through the recovery process from deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE), also known as venous thromboembolism (VTE), or blood clots in the legs and lungs. As a survivor VTE, Sara brings a unique patient perspective to the issue of blood clot recovery. She has worked as a VTE content specialist for several years, and provides crucial online peer support to patients who are living post-blood clot. Sara is also the Manager of Communications & Health Marketing for the nonprofit patient advocacy organization the National Blood Clot Alliance (NBCA), where she is responsible for managing the organization’s online Stop the Clot® Patient Support Group and Discussion Community, and also has daily interaction with patients on NBCA’s various social media channels.
Areas of Expertise
- Written content about blood clots and recovery from blood clots, with special focus on lifestyle and psychological issues
- Online peer support for VTE patients
- Personal and patient empowerment, with special focus on how sharing our stories can make a difference in the lives of others
- The Second Annual HealtheVoices™ Conference Kicks Off in Chicago (Johnson & Johnson Blog)
- The importance of providing patient support in the face of a life-threatening illness (Stanford Medicine’s Scope Blog)
- If You’re A Runner… (Runtastic Blog)
- Clot Work (The Costco Connection)
- Guide to Living with DVT/PE (HealthMonitor, reference page 21)
- My Life With Deep Vein Thrombosis: Sara’s Story (Everyday Health)
- February Athlete of the Month (The Clot Buster Triathlete Blog)
2017 Weekend for Women Conference hosted by Diabetes Sisters
Topic: Charting Your Own Patient Journey: A candid conversation about the journey from patient to patient advocate. Learn how anyone can take steps to transform a debilitating health crisis into an opportunity for personal healing and growth, as well as an opportunity to help other people.